Wednesday, November 15, 2017

80s Girl by Amy Moser

I am so excited to be designing for Kindred Stamps this month! I'm Amy Moser, I'm a Guest Designer for Kindred Stamps, you can read more about me here!

I was assigned the stamp set "80's girl". In the words of Chandler from Friends, Could this stamp set be any cuter???? It brings up so many memories of my childhood.

I was inspired to create a strawberry house and a rainbow card for these gorgeous images.

The strawberry card was created from a 6x10 card base of real red card stock. I sketched the shape free-hand and then cut it out.  I then folded it in half and ran it through the Big Shot Machine with the Swiss Dot embossing folder. A strawberry is not a strawberry without seeds!


The rest of the house is made up of various Stampin Up punches. The Strawberry girl was coloured in with Zig Markers on Canson XL Watercolour paper and cut out.



The rainbow card was created from a 4.25x11 Whisper White card stock base and a 4x5.25 piece of the same colour which was embossed using a cloud folder and sponged with soft sky ink to make it pop. The rainbow was created using Gina Marie stitched circle dies in rainbow colours, adhered to each other and cut in half to create two rainbow pieces. the clouds were punched out of Whisper White with the Stampin Up cupcake punch. The Rainbow girl was coloured in with Zig Markers on Canson XL Watercolour paper and cut out. I heat embossed the greeting in white embossing powder and voila, rainbow card!


I loved creating with this set and I hope you will too! 

We are really excited about this release! We have 9 new sets being released on Friday! 9! Can you believe it! We are reaching back into your childhood hardcore this month, and we're giving a brief nod to one of our most vocal Supreme Court Justices! And we want to know which is your favorite set of this release. Are you Old School, like our 80s Girl set? Are you Retro, with our Strange Friends set? Or are you Pop Culture with our Annoyed Boss set? What will you be snagging on Friday?

One lucky person will win a $10 credit to the shop! Will that be you?

All you have to do, in order to win, is to visit the following blogs and comment on the posts! Easy Peasy!

Kindred Stamps

R Winn Creates


21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, rich colors! Amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set sure does take me back to my childhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that strawberry shortcake card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rainbow card is too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!! Rainbow Brite is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun cards! Thank you for sharing! I can't wait for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg! These cards are both AMAZING! I love the way rainbow Britt pops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Sweet... Your creations are bringing back my childhood, awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your cards. Your strawberry is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg! I love that little strawberry house card! Both are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These totally take me back to my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the strawberry shaped card. Who like to reminisce with this card. Fabulous Amy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your strawberry card so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are so cute! I looooved rainbow bright as a kid, so much fun! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are stunning! The strawberry card is my favorite!!! It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those 80s girls! Great coloring! --storymusicgirl

    ReplyDelete

Guest Designer Kim Huffman

Hello there!  I was given "Slay" to work with this month, an incredible honor as I am a big fan of "Slayverse".   The ...