Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Arcade Friends, Candy Man, and It's Good To Be Bad Stamp Sets

Molly here, one of the Creative Design Team Members of Kindred Stamps!

For this blog post I used 3 different Kindred Stamp sets and made 1-2 cards from each: Arcade Friends, Candy Man, and It’s Good To Be Bad.



The first card I made was with the Arcade Friends stamp set but I wanted to try something new so I decided to make a “shaker” card. For anyone who doesn’t know, a shaker card is a card that has an empty cavity in the middle filled with small sequins and beads or clay decorations and a clear front, giving an almost snow-globe-like effect when the card is shaken.


I began with a purple card base and bordered it with 3M double sided foam tape to separate the top and bottom layer. After this, I filled the inside with the ‘Sweet And Sour Shaker Pack’ from Kindred Stamps. To create the top clear layer, I used a plastic acetate sheet and bordered it with blue paper. The next step was to put stamps on the outside as accents. From the Arcade Friends set, I picked my favorite stamps, colored them in, and used my Brother Scan And Cut to cut them out and placed around the edge.

My next card also used the Arcade Friends set, this time going back to a more traditional card. I used a blue base and covered the front with candy themed wrapping paper. I also used candy foam stickers to give depth and decorations to the front of the card.

The 3rd card came from the ‘Candy Man’ set. I picked yellow paper for the backing and decided a striped, colorful card stock that reminded me of candy canes would make a good accent layer. From there, I put the Candy Man and one of his treats, colored them in with Copic markers, and placed onto the front of the card using foam Dimensionals.

My last card came from the ‘It’s Good To Be Bad’ set, one of my favorites. I went for a underwater theme, picking neon-sea plant accent paper over an orange base card. After adding a sentiment, I took the Sea Witch stamp, colored it in, and put it on the front of the card. To give the Sea Witch a bit of extra emphasis I used a foam dimensional to raise her off the card back. We are really excited about this release! We have 9 new sets being released on Friday! 9! Can you believe it! We are reaching back into your childhood hardcore this month, and we're giving a brief nod to one of our most vocal Supreme Court Justices! And we want to know which is your favorite set of this release. Are you Old School, like our 80s Girl Set? Are you Retro, with our Strange Friends set? Or are you Pop Culture with our Annoyed Boss set? What will you be snagging on Friday? One lucky person will win a $10 credit to the shop! Will that be you? All you have to do, in order to win, is to visit the following blogs and comment on the posts! Easy Peasy!

22 comments:

  1. The song pure imagination popped right into my head seeing your Wonka Card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creations definitely sets that are going on my wish list lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects. Love your shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great! Love the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards!! The shaker is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful cards! This is such a great release!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all amaizing releases! I'm going to need another job! Lol! I love the Ursula card so much! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun, love your creations... Love Wonka!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much cuteness! Really love that Wonka card, and that Ursula card...pure perfection! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Ursala card is a scream! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your shaker card Molly. Fits this set to a tea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these all you did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your shaker card and the sea witch card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore these cards! Especially the Sea Witch- Jessica Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cards as always and am SO proud of your shaker card!! Love you BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soooo many fun creations! Love the shaker and the candy man card is so cute! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of these cards! The shaker is my favorite!! Really captures that candy feel!!

    ReplyDelete

Guest Designer Kim Huffman

Hello there!  I was given "Slay" to work with this month, an incredible honor as I am a big fan of "Slayverse".   The ...