Monday, July 23, 2018

Guest Designer Kim Huffman


Hello there!  I was given "Slay" to work with this month, an incredible honor as I am a big fan of "Slayverse".   The first thing I had to do was pay homage to a favorite snow scene.  I started with ink blending with Distress Oxide inks on white cardstock to get the perfect shades of night sky and grass.




Once those were the desired colors, I used my Cricut to size and cut a simple cityscape in black and yellow cardstocks for the background, to emulate a city far off.



I stamped out the characters for this card using MFT's Extreme Black ink because I wanted to so some simple coloring with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  Although I enjoy coloring, I am not very good at it - I stick to simple 2-3 color blends.



I fussy cut the little characters after they were colored, then assembled them into my shaker.


I covered the underside of the frame with some acetate and built the foam layer with just one layer of foam tape because snow glitter is tiny (and messy!) and it doesn't need a lot of space.  My last step was to brush a little Zig glue onto the characters in small spots and waited for it to almost dry - so some of the "snow" would stick to their bodies, too.

And that's it!  I hope you have enjoyed my interpretation of this iconic scene using the amazing new set "Slay" from Kindred Stamps!  Thanks so much for your support, I've had a blast this month!



The Kindred Stamps team, myself included, hope that you've enjoyed reading about my card makes for this release. If you would like an opportunity to win shop credit please go and comment on everyone's blog post! One random winner will win a $10 shop credit, they will be contacted privately and announced in our Fan Club, Kindred Stamps Fan Club!

Kindred Stamps
Guest Designer Kim Huffman
Tinkerin in Ink

16 comments:

  1. Holy cow, this amazing! What a fantastic card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card. I don’t do too many shaker cards. But may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute card Kim! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your snow scene even though a I totally dislike winter! I really like the houses and will definitely CASE this. Thank you for your clear instructions, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What an amazing scene you created! I love the buildings and that it's a shaker! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Guest Designer Kim Huffman

Hello there!  I was given "Slay" to work with this month, an incredible honor as I am a big fan of "Slayverse".   The ...